The initial point of contact and service center with respect to E-Government services is the multiple award-winning online portal HELP.gv.at
More than 90% of all companies in Austria already utilize E-Government services. The corporate service portal (USP) of the Austrian Federal Government at https://www.usp.gv.at is especially tailored to the needs of companies in Austria. The platform offers access to company-relevant E-Government applications with only a single electronic identifier. For security reasons, only identified user accounts are permitted. The registration in the USP portal as well as its use are free of charge. Registration is particularly simple for sole proprietorships.
For company founders, the corporate service portal USP includes information on issues to be taken into consideration before companies are set up, the different types of companies, trades, operating facilities, a start-up guide for sole proprietorships and companies as well as a large variety of forms for downloading, for example for business registration and various administrative procedures with public authorities throughout Austria.
The most important E-Government portal of Austria’s financial authorities is FinanzOnline. All business people whose companies are based in Austria can register with FinanzOnline at every tax office. The entire process, from submitting the tax declaration via an online form to the actual tax assessment and notification, is carried out electronically. The entire tax account is available all the time for inquiries. Accordingly, FinanzOnline is a service at the highest level in the hierarchy of E-Government services.
For more tips also check:
- Weekly Tip 11: National characteristics
- Weekly Tip 10: Successfully Networking in Austria
- Weekly Tip 9: Labor laws - Notice period
- Weekly Tip 8: Labor laws - Severance pay
- Weekly Tip 7: Commercial law in Austria
- Wekly Tip 6: Registering your car in Austria
- Weekly Tip 5: Consultants must know both sides
- Weekly Tip 4: Statutory manager - a must in Austria
- Weekly Tip 3: Negotiating salaries
- Weekly Tip 2: Comprehensive market overview
- Weekly Tip 1: Focus on strategy first