Austria: A smart choice for business in the centre of Europe
Austria‘s high purchasing power (ranked 4th in the EU), its excellent infrastructure, modern and efficient public administration and the world’s highest quality of life make it the perfect profitable business location in Europe. Due to its central geographical position, it provides ideal access to the emerging markets of Central & Eastern Europe. In addition to moderate taxes and attractive research subsidies Austria also stands out due to its highly motivated and productive employees.
See here more advantages of Austria as a business location:
Ideal East-West Hub
- More than 380 CEE headquarters
- Leading hub to Eastern Europe
- Huge market potential (Approx. 600 m. consumers within a 3-hour flight)
- Eurozone member
- Security for your company and employees
- Highest quality of life worldwide
- Hardly any strikes and high level of social and economic stability
Attractive Location for Research & Development
- R&D expenditure 2017: 3,16% of GDP (ranked 2nd in the EU)
- Strong funding
- 14% research tax premium for large companies and SMEs
- 30% tax free amount for researchers moving to Austria
Moderate Corporate Taxes
- Corporate tax rate of 25% (tax cut planned for 2020)
- Attractive group taxation scheme for holdings
- No wealth or trade tax, advantageous Austrian trust regulations
Highly Motivated & Productive Employees
- Highly respected vocational training schemes
- High level of productivity (ranked 4th in the EU)
- Well qualified and highly motivated employees (ranked 5th worldwide)
Visit our website for more information about Austria as a business location as well as upcoming events and news.
ABA – Invest in Austria assists you with a complete range of cost-free services, including tailor-made consultation for your business.
Mag. Gerlinde Gahleitner
Director Italy, Southern Europe, United Kingdom
Take advantage of our experience. We will be happy to assist you.