Austria is characterized by its high purchasing power nationwide as well as by Vienna's outstanding economic performance, which is around 150% above the EU average. This makes Austria one of the wealthiest and most economically stable locations in Europe.Contact us
Reach millions of customers
Companies from a variety of sectors find an extremely promising environment here to grow and succeed. The favorable economic climate and stable infrastructure offer opportunities not only for established companies but also for startups and innovative entrepreneurs looking for a promising market.
- Ideal test market for German-speaking Europe
- Expertise in Eastern Europe due to historical ties and immigration from Southeastern and Eastern Europe;
- International Business Hub – Location of many international organizations (e.g., UN, OPEC, and IAEA) and regional headquarters;
- Strong population growth and above-average employment rate.
International organizations also take advantage of Austria's optimal location in the heart of Europe: the UN has designated Vienna as one of its four official headquarters and is represented here by numerous organizations. The OPEC and the IAEA also have their headquarters in the city, exerting influence beyond national borders. Additionally, 412 international companies operate regional headquarters in Austria.
Business in Austria: About Logistics
- Located in the heart of Europe, Austria has an obvious geographical advantage. But there's more: one of the world's best road networks, intermodal freight transport, first-class rail infrastructure, connection via waterways (Rhine-Main-Danube). Moreover, the country is optimally connected to the NAPA ports: Trieste, Venice, Ravenna, Koper, and Rijeka – offering the shortest distance between Western Europe and Asia.
- Whether as a North-South and East-West hub or as a central location for EU-wide business, Austria's unique geographical position in Europe makes it an ideal business location.
750 million consumers
450 million consumers
100 million consumers
Did you know...
450 global companies such as Henkel, Nichicon, Lukoil or CSC have set up their CEE headquarters in Austria and leverage the potential of skilled Austrian workers with extensive foreign language skills.
...that Austria ranks first in the English Proficiency Index and a quarter of all Austrians grow up bilingual?
Did you know...
Austria is one of the four duty stations of the United Nations and headquarters for OPEC and IAEO.
...that Vienna is a centre of international diplomacy?
as an industrial nation
In fact, industry in Austria is a major economic pillar, often overshadowed by the stereotype of the picturesque Alpine country. With 29.2% of the GDP, industry plays a leading role in Austria's economy, while tourism, although also important, contributes 13.1% to the GDP.
The industrial sector is represented by a variety of goods produced, from high-precision machinery and vehicles to pharmaceutical products and electronic devices, demonstrating the country's economic strength.
Many Austrian industrial companies are leading players in the global market or even world market leaders, such as Andritz AG, voestalpine, Rosenbauer, Miba, Lenzing, and Doppelmayr. Extremely export-oriented, Austria is also among the top three foreign investors in Eastern and Southern Europe.
Infineon made the largest investment in its company's history: the new high-tech power electronics chip factory in Villach, with an investment volume of 1.6 billion euros, confirms that it is possible to set up attractive production facilities in Europe, even in the highly competitive microelectronics sector, if innovative strength and cost efficiency can be combined.
You can read the entire success story in our blog post about Infineon.
We like to talk about success stories of companies in the USA or China, but our development shows that it is also possible here in Austria. We succeeded because we continuously focus on cutting-edge technologies, innovation, and know-how. This allows us to compete globally and to make the largest investment in Infineon's history as our latest milestone: the new high-tech chip factory for power electronics here in Villach.
We simply get it done – for you!
Do you want to establish your company in Austria and build new contacts and business relationships? We connect you with the most important partners in the domestic market and advise on how to start a business in Austria. We offer you many different services and provide optimal advice on various levels.