Austria is one of the countries with the highest spending capacity With an economic output of around 150 per cent of the EU average, Vienna is one of the wealthiest regions in Europe.Contact us
Reach millions of customers
- Ideal test market for German-speaking Europe
- Eastern European expertise due to historical ties and migration from Southeast and Eastern Europe
- International business hub – home to many international organisations (e.g., UNO, OPEC and IAEO) and regional headquarters
- Strong population growth and above-average employment rate
International organisations also leverage Austria’s optimal location in the heart of Europe. For instance, the UNO has designated Vienna as one of its four duty stations and is represented here by numerous organisations. The OPEC and the IAEO also have their headquarters in the city. They stand out thanks to their influence extending above and beyond national borders. In addition, more than 390 international companies have set up their regional headquarters in Vienna, with management responsibility for purchasing decisions encompassing the entire Central European region.
Logistics? Of course!
- Austria is located in the heart of Europe. Its geographical advantage is obvious. But there is even more e.g., one of the best road networks in the world, intermodal goods transport, a first-rate rail infrastructure and shipping links (Rhine-Main-Danube). The country also has excellent ties to the NAPA ports of Trieste, Venice, Ravenna, Koper and Rijeka – the shortest distance between Western Europe and Asia.
- Whether as a North-South and East-West hub or headquarters for EU-wide business activities, Austria is an ideal location for a company thanks to its unique geographical position in Europe.
750 million consumers
450 million consumers
100 million consumers
Did you know...
450 global companies such as Henkel, Nichicon, Lukoil or CSC have set up their CEE headquarters in Austria and leverage the potential of skilled Austrian workers with extensive foreign language skills.
...that Austria ranks first in the English Proficiency Index and a quarter of all Austrians grow up bilingual?
Did you know...
Austria is one of the four duty stations of the United Nations and headquarters for OPEC and IAEO.
...that Vienna is a centre of international diplomacy?
as an industrial nation
Many people think of holiday trips when someone talks about Austria. However, the country is primarily an industrial nation. 30% of its GDP comes from this sector, whereas tourism contributes 15%.
Many Austrian industrial companies such as Andritz AG, voestalpine, Rosenbauer, Miba, Lenzing and Doppelmayr are in the top ranks or even global market leaders. Austria is extremely export-oriented, and one of the top three foreign investors in Southeast and Eastern Europe.
The new high-tech chip factory for power electronics in Villach is the largest single investment project in the Group’s history, featuring an investment volume of € 1.6 billion. It underlines the feasibility of establishing attractive production facilities in Europe, even in the highly competitive microelectronic sector, when innovative strength is fused with cost efficiency.
The entire success story is available here.
We love to speak about corporate success stories in the USA and China. However, our development shows that this is also possible in Austria. We succeeded by constantly focusing on cutting edge technologies, innovation and know-how. In this way, we can also hold our own in global competition and achieve the latest milestone i.e., implementing the new high-tech chip plant for power electronics here in Villach, the biggest investment project in the history of the Infineon Group. These investments have demonstrated the feasibility of setting up attractive production facilities in Europe, even in the highly competitive microelectronics sector. This success was made possible by fusing innovative strength and cost efficiency.
We simply get it done – for you!
Would you like to establish a foothold in Austria with your company and develop new contacts and business relationships? We will link you with the most important partners on the domestic market and advise you on setting up your business.