In addition to research carried out at top-notch universities, non-university research in Austria also enjoys a worldwide reputation. For example, in the field of life sciences, the Research Center for Molecular Medicine (CeMM) belongs to the Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW). The Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT) is Austria’s largest research and technology organization.
Many research facilities are university spin-offs or were co-founded by companies, such as the Institute for Molecular Pathology (IMP) in Vienna. Moreover, five COMET centers involved in the field of life sciences bundle the competencies of business and science in the fields of biomarker research, industrial biotechnology and big data analytics. Christian Doppler (CD) laboratories are devoted to application-oriented basic research. In this case, the research issue of a company is handled by a university or university of applied sciences.
- Lower Austria
- Joanneum Research Forschungsgesellschaft
- BBMI-ERIC - Biobanking and BioMolecular Resources Research Infrastructure
- ACIB - Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology
- CBmed - Center for Biomarker Research,
- RCPE - Research Center Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Know-Center - Data-Driven Business & Big Data Analytics
Please find more information on Life Sciences in Austria here.