Practical, business-oriented training
One of Austria’s specialities is the dual education system, a combination of theoretical and practical training as carried out in apprenticeship programs and higher vocational schools. Curriculum and key courses of instruction are tailored to the needs of the business community. Companies such as Voestalpine, Magna and Siemens professionally train apprentices and also offer the opportunity to complete an internship. It comes as no surprise that Austrian participants are always ranked among the top in world championship competitions.
Top researchers as well as highly-qualified specialized personnel are required for practical implementation in order to make innovations marketable. The business location of Austria offers both. There is a long tradition here of applicationoriented education, whether at the numerous higher technical colleges (HTL), schools featuring practical technical training or at the 22 public universities, 13 private universities or the 21 universities of applied sciences offering more than 640 different courses of study.
Research institutes provide know-how
Recognized research and development institutes specializing in the fields of mechanical engineering, mechatronics and electrical engineering are located in the cities of Vienna, Linz and Graz. More than 60 university institutes and a series of research companies and faculties provide the entire spectrum of required services which companies expect in a supportive research environment, ranging from know-how to the finished product.
Industry-oriented research / Education / Studies
Higher technical colleges (Höhere Technische Lehranstalten – HTL) with focus ares in
- mechanical engineering
- electrical engineering
- information technology
- industrial engineering
Universities of Applied Sciences
- University of Applied Sciences FH Joanneum
- St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences
- University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien
- University of Applied Sciences FH Campus Wien
- University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria
- MCI Management Center Innsbruck
- University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustadt
- FH Kufstein Tirol University of Applied Sciences
- Carinthia University of Applied Sciences
- IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems
- Salzburg University of Applied Sciences
- Campus 02 University of Applied Sciences
- Vienna University of Technology
- Graz University of Technology
- Johannes Kepler University Linz
- University of Innsbruck
- Alpen Adria University of Klagenfurt
- Montanuniversität Leoben
You can find other institutions here: → www.innovationszentren-austria.at
Please find more information on Mechanical Engineering in Austria here.